Friday, October 7, 2011

Persecution of the Faithful

I am posting this blog because for three weeks I have had this prophetic dream on my mind.  The Lord has impressed on me that I must share it......and I have dragged my fingers away from the computer in resistance.  I have orally shared it with some folks, and first of all I sought out some with prophetic giftings for help in interpreting what it may mean.  Today I will share this dream because after praying I sincerely believe I am supposed to share it with those who will listen.

In the dream, I was standing outdoors with someone very close to me, but who was standing behind me.  I was comfortable and secure and never had fear.  This person I believe was Christ and we were observing the scene together.  We were not in the U.S. but I think in Israel, although all I saw was this huge airfield, I simply sensed it was Israel.  A plane landed in front of us and I believe we were facing the East.  The plane was being unloaded in front of us and contained huge packages of clear plastic through which we could see bodies.  The dead bodies had been cut up very carefully, but sliced in chunks, like huge tuna fish packages.  They were not recognizable in their cut up state, but each had the name of the person whose parts were contained within.  I knew they were missionaries and my first thought was, "Oh my, the war has really started!"  Persecution of the Christians, the Faithful Christians has begun.  I actually recognized a couple of names and the bodies were of missionaries from the East and Africa.  It was troubling and so sad.  Looking at the bodies was sad perhaps because I had the impression it was not unexpected and I was calm. 

We did not speak with words, but we were thinking alike and awed by the sadness.  Then another plane came from the West.  It came from the Americas.  We turned around to see that once again, bodies were being unloaded and once again they were cut up neatly and precisely and filleted like fish.  Again names were written on strips stuck to the plastic bags in which they were delivered.  But this time the names were of many clergy that I know or have known personally.  A couple were at one time local to our diocese but have been called to serve elsewhere.  Their names and their wives names were stuck on their bags.  Then I began to recognize others who are closer to home and all of them  were clergy,  some with spouse's names.  This was more stressful to see, but once again, I was not afraid, only filled with compassion and sadness.  We did not scream or cry for them because it was only their bodies we saw, knowing their Spirits had continued onto the other side of the Kingdom. 

Some of the thoughts that were going through my mind in the dream included that there would be more, that we were being persecuted, much like in the Holocost round-ups of the Jews and that terrorists were involved.  That this was expected was on my mind, that it was sad and horrible, was on my mind, but that these were the remains of the faithful was most clear. 

In analyzing and praying over this dream I feel I need to share that the names of those I recognized was not for the purpose of thinking that is how they will personally end up in chunks!  No, I believe it was to point out that the faithful leadership, the shepherds, the apostles so to speak, will be attacked and are attacked first and most severly.  You will remember that except for St. John, all of the apostles died martyrs. 

My role in this dream was as that of an observer, an intercessor.  That seems to be my usual role in these dreams.  I will tell you this, since I had this dream, I have taken on my intercessory prayers with more compassion and depth.  I have been drawn to spend more time in prayer for our Christian family, for our clergy, for all missionaries, and especially for those who are sufferinig persecution.  My eyes are wet almost all the time now. 

I hope that sharing this prophetic dream with you will have an effect on you as well.  I believe we are being told that if we have the heart and the ears to hear, we will prepare and be ready.  Stand firm in your faith because as you know, the last battles are already started.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment