Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Pictures are Worth Months of Words!

I started this blog before the end of the year and I was feeling like I needed to reconnect with those who have been such good friends and faithful readers of my first few posts.  But once again, I got too busy with all the goings on of the Season.  I do hope you had a very loving and Spirit-filled Christmas and brought in the New Year with gusto! 

Once our Diocesan Convention was over, a new Bishop installed, my trip to Toronto completed, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and the end of 2011, here and gone, I realized there would never be a way to catch up.  So here are a few photos to catch up up! 

Here is a photo of our New Bishop, Rt. Rev. Eric V. Menees and his adorable family, Florence, Sebastian and Milagro.  Surely you can tell which is the bishop! 
November, 2011  Daniel is holding Ella and Elana is holding Rachel. 
Grandma Jeannee is just in the middle of everything where she belongs!
I just love this photo of Baby Princess Rachel and Big Sister Ella reading and learning to love books with their Mommie.  I spent one week in Toronto and had a restful, peaceful, and loving time with my grandchildren and their parents!  I am so proud of all of them.  It is not easy to be Seminarians away from home and poor as church mice!  I believe they often share their quarters with mice, but that is another story!

As you can see, Sara got to visit Toronto shortly after I did and took this terrific photo of Rachel ready for travel out of doors.  My grandchildren just love Auntie Sara because she is so much fun.
Can you see why I think I am a most blessed woman with wonderful children and grandchildren like these?  Each one a pearl, each one a treasure, each one is God's Creation and Blessing. 

Thanksgiving Dinner with the Orr family was wonderful and we had so much to share and be thankful for this year.
Sara and I were so blessed to dine with them in Clovis.  We visited with the "Toronto Markers" on the Video Camara after dinner and it helped make up for missing them.

These are this year's Christ Church Christmas Pagent Performers!  A wonderful and fun
group of kids who told and portrayed the story of Jesus's Birth in Bethlehem. 

The following week, on the Friday before Christmas Day, a wonderful team of volunteers, assisted the Anglican Church Women with the distribution of food baskets and gifts to sixteen families in Lemoore.
As you can see the food was in great quantity and quality.  There were gifts for the children and not pictured here were the bicycles that were given away as well.  Lots and lots of them, donated and refurbished by inmates in Coalinga.  The joy and gratitude on the faces of needy families always brings more blessings and joy to the hearts of the volunteers. 
On Christmas Eve, Sara and I cozied around the fireplace and exchanged gifts, read cards and drank Brandy.  That is a kind of Grandma Marker (this one, not the old one) tradition for Christmas Eve. 

 Phil and I used to share a glass of Drambuie in the old days, but those days are gone.  Wish I had a photo of those days at Christmastime.  But I share this photo with you that my sister recently sent which I believe was taken outside St. James,Cathedral.  Don't we look colorful and joyful?  I see mischief in his eyes!

The week after Christmas is always a little difficult.  I can keep as busy a possible but I can't help but think about how much we miss Phil.  This year Sara and I took off to spend Christmas Day and the following day at the Coast.  We went to San Luis Obispo, spent the night, visited the Mission next Day, then drove to Pismo.  We ate lunch at the Splash Cafe - yes we ate Clam Chowder in a bread bowl - yes it was the greatest I ever ate! 
Although I did have dinner with good friends on Christmas Eve, I went home quite early and fell asleep.   I had been sad the couple of days before but now I awoke refreshed.  I was to preach on January 1, 2012, Feast Day of the Holy Name and was so full of joy because The Lord impressed on me that 2012 is a wonderful year.  I have no major resolutions made other than to be joyful, pray and love those he sends my way and make sure I continue to walk in the light of the Lord.  He  is my king, my savior, my Lord, and my constant companion.  I await the precious day when I will be reunited with all my loved ones and most especially when I will be able to live praising God and in peace and freedom. 

Thank you for stopping in to read this blog today.  I did not even begin to list the things like bible studies, prayer team or intercessory , food distribution with God's Breadbox and many other things that kept us busy this season, but suffice to say, that as in your life, I do keep busy, busier than when I was employed full time.  I have plans for sharing some inspired thoughts or stories with you this year and I plan to include some book reports, this year.   I hope you will come by again! I send you my love and blessings and Feliz Ano Nuevo.

4 comments:

  1. I loved the picture of you and "Grandpa Phil"--hopefully there will be an updated photo of you in the middle of Ella and Rachel sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad I remembered that photo and decided to post it. I think some of our old friends will enjoy it as well. I am looking forward to another visit where we can take more photos with my girls. Pray for a quick healing of my foot. No date yet. Love you all too much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You live such an exciting diverse life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog Jeannie! Love all the pictures, God certainly works in small and wondrous ways in your life, and that reflects the person you are. Oh, in case anyone noticed 2 bottles on our dining table, just to clear things up, sparkling cider, our favorite drink:))

    ReplyDelete